Features Cosen Automatic Mitre Bandsaw
- The swivel sawhead allows the user to cut at any angle up to 45° in one direction (60° optional). The precision pivot system facilitates easy and accurate adjustment for angle cuts. Cosen’s C-650MNC has a protractor and pointer in clear view and away from any chips covering the numbers.
- Hydraulic shuttle vise assembly, made of heavy-duty cast iron with replaceable hardened wear plates, rides on two large guide shafts that are capable of handling extreme loads. Both shafts are ground and chrome plated for durability and smooth material feeding.
- A 620mm solid discharge table with coolant return and hydraulic shuttle table featuring 760mm single stroke length are standard features that make material handling easy.
- Rigid and heavy-duty pivot and trunion insure long machine life.
- The variable-speed blade drive is equipped with the best worm gear speed reducer. The worm shaft is hardened and ground. Together, they provide quiet, powerful, and trouble-free drive.
- The standard blade speed control provides variable speeds from 20 thru 100 m/min to accommodate all types of materials. Cosen offers an optional infinitely variable blade speed system utilizing an inverter drive with the LED Blade Speed Indicator conveniently located on the operator’s station.
Blade Guidance & Lubrication System:
- Carbide guides securely guide the blade during the cutting cycle. The carbide is relieved so that coolant can both cool and lubricate the blade during the cut.
- The bearing guides eliminate blade stress by pre-aligning the blade before it enters the carbide guides. Two additional guides located on a central axis support the blade from the top, giving it extra penetrating force for faster cuts.
- Heavy-duty cast iron guide arms are rigidly supported by a large, heavy-duty ductile cast iron dovetail to assure straight cuts and eliminate vibration for longer blade life.
- Automatic hydraulic blade tensioning device provides correct blade tensioning when the machine is turned on and will slightly release the tension when the machine is not running. This extends blade life. The on-off hydraulic valve switch is an added feature making blade change quicker and easier
- Integral coolant system. Coolant is supplied at many critical points: exit & entry of blade through blade guides, middle of cut via adjustable flex hose, and blade cleaning brush.
- Synchronized power driven blade brush effectively cleans chips from blade to extend blade life.
Control & Automation:
- Smart NC-100 (SNC100) technology provides most of the benefits of NC controlled saws at a mere fraction of the cost. SNC100 controls are programmable to 100 different jobs including quantity and length of cut. The control automatically compensates for Kerf loss after data input and requires no manual calculation of number of times to index. The control also automatically shutdowns the machine, blade motor, and hydraulics, once the programmed number of cuts or out of stock situation has been achieved. The system includes an error feedback function enabling rapid troubleshooting through an error code to be displayed in the event of a malfunction.
- Precision feed pressure & feed rate dual valve system for optimal cutting performance in any material.
- Selector Switch for bundle or single cutting modes
- Automatic work height sensor and air gap eliminator positions the saw frame to a safe clearance above the work piece, so that the next piece can be positioned without damaging the blade. After feeding, the saw head will descend quickly to within approximately 3mm of work piece, where it proceeds at the predetermined cutting rates.
- The operator’s control station located on the front right side of the saw is convenient and user friendly. All operator controls are positioned on the top of the control box and clearly labeled for ease of operation. The electrical components are located inside the control box with the main lockout disconnect on the front of the control box for safety and easy maintenance.
Material Feeding & Clamping:
- Smart NC Controlled Multiple indexing for long cutting lengths of up to 9999mm maximum length, utilizing full shuttle length every index (760mm) until desired length is reached.
- Full stroke machine vises. The machine front vise and index vise incorporate full stroking cylinders to provide tight clamping of any material from the operator’s station. This eliminates the operator from having to hand position the vise when material size changes. As a very useful feature, LED light comes on to indicate secure clamping.
- Ductile cast iron vise with replaceable hardened wear plates.
- One set of vertical alignment rollers, which is convenient for bundle cutting and positioning bar stock, is standard and is located on the machine base.
- In addition to the sturdy cast work table, an 620mm solid discharge table with coolant return adequately supports cut-off stock and provides coolant savings in the long run.
- Multiple horizontal rollers located on the entry side of the saw to facilitate smooth material feeding.
- Proximity switches sense both blade slippage and blade breakage and will automatically shut off the machine if either of these conditions should occur.
- All blade covers, and guarding on the saw are painted Alert Orange to increase safety alertness.
- All exposed electric wiring and hydraulic circuit are protected by conduits.
- Electrical and hydraulic safety interlock prevents saw blade to start without vises securely clamped.
- Additional flushing hose for cleaning
- Adjustable work light
- Bi-metal saw blade
- Tool Box with tools, leveling pads, and an additional wire brush
- Operation & parts manual
- Hydraulic chip conveyor – Hydraulic driven shaftless design allows maximum chip removal rate without worrying about burnt up motor when material falls and binds in the chip conveyor.
- Vice pressure regulator – Infinitely variable clamping pressure between 0 and full system pressure is easily adjusted and monitored by this device.
- Full capacity hydraulic top clamps – Hydraulically powered to provide secure clamping for bundle cut applications. (Factory installed)
- 2M Roller Table – 2M long steel table with machine rollers spread out evenly along the table to facilitate smooth material feeding.(Width of roller differs by model) One to two sets of side rollers guard the material from both sides allowing material to be fed straight forward. Table height can be adjusted.